Would you like to work with water quality and quantity data, helping businesses and governments measure water consumption across operations and supply chains and help develop water sustainable strategies? Do you want to make a visible impact on water challenges world-wide? Then you might be our new colleague!
Water Footprint Implementation (WFI) is looking for a Project Officer to expand our team of water (footprint) experts. We are strengthening our team in modelling water demand, water footprints, and virtual water trade for various geographical and production applications, both for the current situation and for alternative future scenarios informed by climate change and drivers such as population growth, land-use changes, and changes in energy production.
Is to support WFI senior staff with project implementation. You will become part of a young and dynamic team of water experts, and you will work closely with other senior management members as well as national and international partners. Your tasks will be largely project and development-based, but you may also undertake other activities such as company representation at events or internal research to help develop the knowledge base of the company. We collaborate with universities and other knowledge partners both domestically and abroad, but our focus is increasingly on implementation and execution together with the private sector and governments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional, and ambitious colleague, with the following profile:
- You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in an Water Management, Environmental Sciences, (Data) Engineering, or Natural Sciences discipline;
- You have a strong background in water footprint assessment, water management, earth observation, or other relevant fields;
- You have minimum 2 years of similar work experience
- You are skilled in hydrological or crop water modelling, (big) data management, Python and/or GIS, or are confident that you can learn these skills quickly;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You exhibit high levels of self-motivation while also being a team player;
- You enjoy working on international projects to turn data into concrete actions for businesses as well as policy relevance for governments;
- You are comfortable with short term international travel when projects require
- You can prove your excellent command of the English language and strong (professional) communication skills. Other languages are a plus
An exciting job at the cross-over from research to implementation, where data and knowledge is translated into practical solutions for businesses and policy advice for governments. A job where you can contribute to new developments in the relatively novel field of water footprinting. We work in an dynamic, informal, interdisciplinary environment with room for own-initiatives, self-development and international travel.
You will be employed full-time for a starting period of 1 year with possibility of indefinite extension based on performance.
Apply for the job
For additional information regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download job description: Vacancy_Project Officer Data & Modelling
Please apply by emailing email@example.com in one integrated file:
- a motivation letter (1 page),
- your CV (max 3 pages),
- relevant certificates and references
until 9th of July 2023.
Please note that only candidates holding a wok permit for the Netherlands or already based in the Netherlands should apply.
Due to high amount of applications, we can only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 15 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Water Footprint Implementation
Lange Voorhout 90, Den Haag